A Guide to Classic Who references in New Who episodes.
Series 1, episode 10 (Part of 2 of Story 8): The Doctor & Rose end up in London during the Blitz.
Warning: May contain Spoilers for
"The Doctor Dances"
- 1-01 "Rose" (Suggested viewing - introduction of characters.)
- 1-02 "The Empty Child" (Required viewing - first part of this story.)
[1ST] - The first appearance of things in Doctor Who series.
[OLD] - Things that first appeared in the classic series (or the film.) Episode List.
Shares many references with Part 1 of this story, see that entry for more details.
- [1ST] Pompeii - Volcano day, an actual event, obviously, this is the first reference to it in televised Who.
- [1ST] Sonic Blaster - First mention of this device.
- [1ST] Villengard Factory - First mention of this location/factory.
- [OLD] The Sonic Screwdriver - Another appearance by this device.
10. TARDIS: The TARDIS is used to travel to travel to the time of the story. Jack uses knowledge from time travel for his con. That's OK, Moffat wrote th
e episode. 
9. Meeting Yourself: Nobody tries. [X]
8. Non-sequiturs: Yes. 
7. Serious/Frivolous: Shows aspects of both personality. 
6. Series Final: This is not a series final. [X]
5. Companion: Rose, contemporary British female. (40s past British story). 
4. Emotionless: The Empty Child and friends seem to have a single emotion repeated over and over, not true emotions. [.5]
3. Title Spoilers: A reference to events at the end of the episode but also during. 
2. The Threat: The viewer has gets all the information before the Doctor in these two episodes. The Doctor realises what they are and has to explain. 
1. Last of It's Kind: No last of their kind, besides the Doctor.