A Guide to Classic Who references (and other references) The Sarah Jane Adventure episodes.
Sarah Jane Adventures series 1 episode 5 (Story 4 part 1): Sarah Jane Smith and her new friends discover that laser tag is real.
Warning: May contain Spoilers for
"Warriors of Kudlak Part One"
- Doctor Who 02-03 - "School Reunion" (Suggested viewing - reintroduction of character.)
- Sarah Jane Adventures 1-00 - "Invasion of Bane" (Suggested viewing - introduction of characters.)
- Sarah Jane Adventures 1-01 - "Revenge of the Slitheen Part One" (Suggested viewing - introduction of character.)
[OLD] - Things that first appeared in the classic series of Doctor Who (or the film.) Episode List.
For context, the following are also covered:
[1ST] - The first appearance of things in Doctor Who and related shows.
[NEW] - Things that first appeared previously in the new series of Doctor Who.
The following references were also made in previous episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures and so are listed again here. To get to the new references, skip ahead.
- [OLD] Sarah Jane Smith - Sarah Jane Smith was companion to the Third and Fourth Doctors (From "The Time Warriors" (Season 11) to "The Hand of Fear" (Season 14).) She was given her own K-9 unit in the K-9 & Company pilot "A Girl's Best Friend." She returned to the Doctor's side in "The Five Doctors" and the New Who episode "School Reunion."
- [OLD] Sonic Device - Sarah Jane has sonic lipstick, like the Doctor's sonic screwdriver.
- [1ST] Uvodni - First appearance of this race.
- [NEW] Unexpected but short lived torrential rain - Occurred when the Judoon transported the hospital to the moon in "Smith & Jones."
- [1ST] Cibrianite Flux - First appearance of this material.
- [1ST] Entanglement shell - First appearance of this material.
- [NEW] Slabs - Automatons, which are, according to the Doctor, made entirely of leather. In "Smith & Jones" the Plasmavore had two.
Do a poll on my blogs.
The Time Crash blog was created to help New Who fans understand Classic Who references - and to know if something isn't a reference but a new idea. If there's a reference I missed or a subject that you feel needs more explaining, please comment.